Shinig Hope For Community (SHOFCO) is a community-based youth initiative that operates in the Kibera slums in Nairobi.
SHOFCO was established in February 2006 to serve as an instrument of change for the youths of Kibera by developing their potential abilities to the maximum.
Since its formation, SHOFCO members have tirelessly displayed their thorough working knowledge beyond the look book level.
SHOFCO structured in four Departments:
* Communication & Information
* Health & Sanitation
Some of the projects include
* Computer Literacy Program for Kibera Youth
* SHOFCO Women Empowerment Project (SWEP)
* Girls Welfare Empowerment Program
* Capacity Building for Sustainability
* Media Workshop and Training