1. Navdanya, Delhi/National – www.navdanya.org
2. Auroville, Tamil Nadu. Individuals here – www.auroville.org
3. Sadhana Forest – www.sadhanaforest.org
4. IDEI, Delhi/National - www.ide-india.org/ide/index1.shtml
5. Centre for Sustainable Agriculture, Haderabad/AP - www.csa-india.org
6. Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Delhi - www.icar.org.in (Brought out a very interesting report in 2010 on 101 farm-based innovations called "Harbingers of Prosperity" http://agritech.tnau.ac.in/farm_innovations/pdf/agritech_kvk_pdf/agritech_interventions.pdf)
7. Organic Farming Association of India, Timbaktu - www.ofai.org
8. Sahaja Samrudha, Bangalore (contact G. Krishna Prasad) - www.sahajasamrudha.org
9. Ek Titli, Pune - www.ektitli.org
10. Jagriti Agrotech, Delhi/UP - www.jagritiagrotech.com
11. Era Organic, Bangalore - www.eraorganic.in. HK Jayaram is an organic farmer and founder of Era Organics, Era is India’s first internationally certified, exclusive organic food store. Jayaram is an activist and works closely with the Govt of Karnataka to frame policies around organic farming - he also is active in the organic farmer association - he also has an organic coffee plantation and runs the Green Path Hotel - which runs on renwables.
14. Green Essentials, Goa - Karan and Yogita run the group "Green Essentials" and regularly organize events on organic/sustainable farming. Karan Manral: firstname.lastname@example.org, Yogita Mehra: email@example.com.
15. Horticultural Research Station, Ooty - Dr. Selvaraj (Professor and Head)- He is researching organic production techniques suitable for small farmers in the hill country there. firstname.lastname@example.org
eFarm.in is one of the unique enterprises out there they have
- procurement from rural areas through collection centres(operational near Auroville/Pondicherry)
- distribution into city to customers frm distribution centres (now operational in chennai)
- employment to differently abled at various roles in supply chain
- an online portal efarmdirect to capture farmer /buyer info and enable direct trade
- a call centre run by visually challeneged to assist farmers in marketing
A recent mint article also has a short video clip of our centre and staff .
Interested in the development sector and hoping to use the skills to create a positive impact......read more