From Mohamed Sikander
The Commonwealth Foundation is pleased to announce the launch of a Special Grants Fund for Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and Commonwealth Associations (CAs) to undertake strategic and innovative projects that will promote the Commonwealth theme for 2011, Women as Agents of Change .
Grant applications for up to 20,000 are invited from registered CSOs and CAs from the 54 countries across the Commonwealth from 1 June -15 July to undertake projects lasting between three to six months which meet at least two of the following criteria:
1. Foster collaboration and learning between women s organisations in more than one Commonwealth country;
2. Involve collaboration with national women’s machineries (NWMs) and governments in promoting women and girls social, economic and political empowerment;
3. Showcase the achievements of women in addressing social, economic and political change at national or regional levels.
4. Projects which will have an impact on women at a regional level;
5. Bring together women from different geographical, social and ethnic background to promote national and regional priorities.
Priority will be given to applications which address one or more of the following areas:
· Capacity enhancement for Women’s organisations in policy development and implementation.
· Implementation of the Commonwealth Gender Plan of Action (PoA) Women’s leadership and participation in democratic governance.
· Social protection and girls development.
· Opportunities for rural women and girls.
· Women’s social, economic and human rights.
Each eligible organisation can submit only one application to the Fund.
1 user has voted.
sbtrqfid on Inviting Blog Posts on Violence Against Women | Nov 24-Dec 10 comment_body[und][value]
shivani rastogi on REQUIRED STUDENTS FOR INTERNSHIP IN DELHI BASED NGO SVCT Respected Sir, Last year I have post graduate in home science (human...
Zarif Khayyam on Support poor children free from Thalassemia Hi; I m Zarif Khayyam from Pakistan. My six years old son is a thalassemic patient. we have...
bhikan s patil on Employment Opportunity at SEARCH, Gadchiroli-Work with Dr.Abhay... I am student of the msw. I have the job in social work in govrnment also none gov, Sector.
MN RAMESH on Free computers for NGOs please give information regarding free computers for ngo
tenzing norbu kharma on Bangalore University's Distance courses on Community Based...