Over the last one year, we have grown from a community of 500 odd to 10000+, and counting. We are really thankful to all the users/readers of NGOPost for making this happen.
For quite sometime we have had a request from users to create a framework for organizational profiles. Finally we have managed to get the framework in place where now you can create profiles of the organizations that you work with. You can also create profiles for people who are leaders in their social fields. We feel that this will really help the community in general, as we will get to know about various people/organizations that are doing great work.
Please see the FAQ below to understand the purpose of this feature.
How is this profile different from my user profile?
User profile is your own profile, which can have what you like to do and also what organizations you are associated with and what kind of person you are. It is much more personal.
This organization profile on the other hand, is more about the organization(s) you are involved with or know of, i.e., details like the activities and contact information of the organization.
Why should I create Organization Profile? How do I benefit?
Well there are lot of benefits for creating organization profiles.
- Your organization will be visible to thousands of people who come to site everyday. It is a great platform to make yourself known and make people notice your work.
- You may be able to get volunteers and consultants who can benefit your organizations.
- Once more and more people put in the organization details, we will have a huge database, and then it will benefit the community in general to be able to browse organization across locations and across categories. You may be able to find similar organizations in your town/city
- Going ahead we are going to add functionality wherein you would be able to attract volunteers and maybe funding for your organization.
Why should I create an Individual's Profile?
If you know of a person doing great work in his/her social field, let others know too! But you should specifically create a profile for someone who:
1) is not a member of NGO Post.
2) has created a useful model that can be duplicated/followed by others. In this case, the contact information of the person need not be given,
can be contacted for information, guidance or discussions by NGO Post users. The person's contact info must be given in this case.
Do I need to be part of organization to create a profile? Can I create profile for other organizations?
Yes, you can create profiles for other organizations. This is, in fact, very essential, because most of the organizations, working at grassroots, do not use the internet. And if you can create their profiles and make their work visible, it will help the community immensely. Do your bit, by creating profiles of organizations/people whom you know are doing amazing work.
How do I create a profile?
You will see this button on the right side bar, just click on that and you will have to fill out a small form, wherein you can put in all the details. Please read the FAQ above and adhere to the guidelines given. Do ensure that you fill in all the relevant information. Do not leave many fields blank.
So get started click here, to create an organization's or a person's profile.
Do drop in your feedback in the comments below.
Thanks for the great support to keep the community growing